Wednesday, January 23, 2008

January 23, 2008

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 7:46:38 PM

We had an un-birthday party today because the older boys were promised friend birthday parties this year and we realized that we would be out of town when they had their birthdays.

We went to Outerlimits for a pizza, pop and video game party.  It was a really convenient way to have a party.  A little expensive however I think worth doing in that it is something memorable.  We just can’t do things like that all of the time.

The suburban stalled about two hours before the party so Lexie called me out of work.  It stressed me out to leave work early but I know Lexie was stressed to be stuck in the car.  We were happy to find out that we have towing insurance.  The bad news is that it was a fuel pump failure which will cost $925 to fix.  The good news is we can get all of the other clean up we had intending on getting done at the same time.  I am a little worried about the suburban in general because it has been leaking oil and having had a weak battery and a weak fuel pump it seems that it is just a matter of time before it loses a starter.  The other side of the coin is that we will not break down more than 30 feet from home when we are on the road.  Even with that said I think I am going to do an analysis of what it would cost to replace the thing.

Yves called to invite me to a farewell dinner tomorrow.  I was really disappointed that I could not go in as much as my anniversary is tomorrow.  I want to go out with Lexie more than I want to go out with the group but it would be really nice to have the farewell dinner.  I am feeling kind of cheap thinking to just ask them to have me and Lexie stop by for an hour and then go off on our own.


Mostly I just feel beat and drained right now.  I am tired of being tired and stressed.  I don’t expect to sleep well tonight because I am so tired and because I am stressed about work.

Something nice I got done at work today that I liked was I wrote a TCP/IP client in PHP.  I was so excited when I got it running I jumped a little.

No comments: